Sourcing, showcasing and retailing parts and accessories is a thorn in the side of the motor industry. There are a number of challenges faced by insurers, owners and dealers. But nobody seems to be taking action to try and overcome these issues.
We think it’s time for change.
At Autofinity, we’re leading the charge on a revolution for the parts and accessories market. Read on to find out what we’re doing and how you can get involved.
What’s the issue with parts and accessories?
We’ve asked around and noticed some common pain points;
- Too many data sources: trying to find second-hand car parts is like looking for a needle in a haystack. So many systems, so much manual labour. Does it really need to be this hard?
- Lack of data: when you finally track down the parts and accessories you need, it’s hard to get accurate, up-to-date descriptions and images. Because of this, many parts and accessories don’t get to market, and are disposed of instead.
- Sustainability issues: there’s a huge carbon footprint in the parts and accessories industry. And, there’s no single platform for selling recycled parts, Plus, the absence of safety data means there’s a lack of trust in using recycled parts.
- No single solution for retailing accessories: there’s a huge opportunity to capitalise on the accessories market, especially for high performance cars.
At Autofinity, we have the capabilities to overcome some, but not all, of these challenges. In fact, we’re currently developing a software solution that will consolidate multiple data sources into a single platform for parts and accessories. But we want to make this a comprehensive solution to ALL the problems faced by insurers, dealers and vehicle owners.
This is where you come in…
Building a P&A Think Tank
We know that the best way to solve any problem is to combine experts and thought leaders from the industry. So, we’re reaching out to insurance companies and dealers to build a panel of experts. And, the goal is to come up with ideas and solutions that will revolutionise the parts and accessories market.
We already have interest in our software, so this isn’t a sales pitch. Instead, we want to develop a useful solution that solves real problems and makes a big difference.
Our comprehensive solution
We’re building a new inventory management hub. It will provide a single source of data for vehicles, parts and accessories. Our inventory hub will also enable quick click solutions for getting your inventory to market.
We’re developing the solution with pre-orders from some of the largest dealer groups and a leading OEM in the UK.
Here are a few highlights of our new parts and accessories solution:
- A single, open source platform
- Integrates with any 3rd party website or feeds via APIs
- Quality control of descriptions and images
- Comprehensive, accurate data
- Instantly push stock to own website and 3rd party advertising sites
- Advertising insight and performance dashboard
The main benefit of our new solution is that it will house everything in one place. Because we’re developing our parts and accessories inventory hub as an open source platform, it can be integrated with any existing systems our customers use.
We aim to allow dealers to manage their inventory and retail stock with ease. This will give consumers a seamless ecommerce experience.
What we need from you:
Your time: We’d like to spend time with you to talk through your experience of the parts and accessories market. And we want to know about the challenges and any opportunities you envisage for the future of parts and accessories.
Your expertise: If you work in vehicle insurance and source parts and accessories for damaged vehicles, we want to hear from you.
Are you a large dealer group trying to improve speed to market, cut leasing costs and minimise your carbon footprint on parts and accessories? Get in touch.
Are you a vehicle owner currently trying to source parts and accessories for your vehicle? Share your insight with us.
Get in touch
There are so many opportunities to optimise the processes and practices in the parts and accessories market. And we believe now is the perfect time to make a change.
As we continue to develop our new, groundbreaking software, we hope you’ll join us on the journey. Share your ideas and insight and help us shape a new proposition for dealers and insurers. We will certainly aimt to remove pain points, save time and increase profitability.
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.